LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) - The Class 6A all-state high school football list is out, and several East Texas athletes made the cut.
The list is compiled by the Texas Associated Press Sports Editors and is based on regular-season performance.
Longview Quarterback Haynes King was named the 6A Offensive Player of the Year. He’s completed 123 out of 177 passes, for 2,414 yards, 28 touchdowns and one interception. King is a junior.
Marcus Harry was chosen for second-team offensive lineman. Harry, a senior at Longview High School, tied with five others for the slot.
Kamden Perry, a Longview senior, was chosen for second-team offensive receiver.
Longview’s Jaylon Allen received an honorable mention for defensive lineman and Jephaniah Lister received an honorable mention for linebacker.
Numerous East Texas football players at the 5A level earned all-state honors as well.
According to the Associated Press, Brevin Randle, a linebacker for Marshall, was chose for all-state-first team. He had a banner year - 112 tackles, 31 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, three fumbles forced, two fumbles recovered, three defensive touchdowns, and two passes broken up.
Jose Vasquez, a kicker for Longview Pine Tree, was named to the second-team offense.
Mike Mike Washington, a defensive lineman for Marshall, earned second team all-state honors as well. Hallsville punter Tristan Diggers also made the second team.
Change Billingsley, a Tyler offensive lineman, Tahj Washington, a Marshall receiver or tight end, and Gabe Nelson, a running back for Longview Pine Tree all received honorable mention honors at the 5A level.
At the 4A level, Van’s Jackson Willis made the cut for the first team offense. The offensive lineman had a 94-percent rating, and he only allowed one sack.
Abel Euceda, a defensive lineman for Gilmer, won first-team defense honors. Euceda had 117 tackles, five sacks, 14 tackles for a loss, and two fumbles forced.
Van’s Jayden Jacobs, made the first-team defense as a lineman. He had 96 tackles, 14 sacks, four fumbles forced, and four passes broken up.
The second-team players were:
- Adan Ibarra, kicker, Gilmer
- Rayvon Ingram, linebacker, Carthage
- Sevastion DeLeon, punter, Henderson
The honorable mention players include:
- Kevin Booty, offensive lineman, Carthage, Keilyn McCain, offensive lineman, Pittsburg,
- Bradon Wilkes, offensive lineman, Pittsburg
- Kelvontay Dixon, wide receiver, Carthage
- Ethan Robinson, Wide receiver, Van
- Gunner Capps, quarterback, Gilmer
- Elijah Rankine, running back, Van
- Camryn Edney, linebacker, Pittsburg
- Brady Odom, linebacker, Henderson
- Ke’untaye Dunham, defensive back, Henderson
- Jackson Jimmerson, defensive back, Pittsburg
- Jacory Ware, defensive back, Carthage