Brookhollow Principal Mary Casper responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? I am not aware of the procedures of the Transportation Department.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? Twice a year.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? Monitoring the televison or radio and alerts from the Administration Office
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes
7. What areas do you think your school can improve upon in your severe weather plan? We could improve by discussing severe weather procedures with students and practicing plans. Also, substitute teachers could be provided with the plan when arriving on the campus in the event of an emergency.