Garrett Elementary School Principal Marily Kegler responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? No
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? At least once every 9 wks
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? Usually from the Administration Office Personnel
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? No
7. What areas do you think your school can improve upon in your severe weather plan? To have no portable buildings, so that every one will be under one roof. have an area where students do not have to go into the weather to get to safety.