Slack Elementary Principal Jesus Gomez responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes, we have a severe weather plan.
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes, we have a severe weather plan for our buses.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes, all students and staff know where to go in case of sever weather
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? We run emergency drills once a month.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? I am signed up with KTRE's weather now, and we have many types of media available to us on campus.
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes, we have a NOAA weather radio and battery back up. We also have flashlights in every classroom and Coleman lanterns available
7. What areas do you think your school can improve upon in your severe weather plan? We review our plan every year with our District Crisis Manager, Mr. Morty Halyard.