Trout Elementary School Janis Compton responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? yes
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? Tornado and Fire drills are practiced monthly.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? From central administration and Morty Halyard, Director of Support Services
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Our district has the necessary equipment and notifies the campuses as needed
7. What areas do you think your school can improve upon in your severe weather plan? Continued awareness and practice of shelter and evacuation drills will help to create comfort during an actual disaster.
Additional Note: All LISD campuses have been provided a Crisis Management Manual with actions to take in emergencies .