Hudson Elementary School Principal Chad Smith responded to our survey.
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan?
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses?
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning?
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year?
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings?
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up?
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan?
Response: We do have a severe weather plan. We have evacuations set up for fire and we have tornado locations for the students. We do use the weather bulletin and the Supt. notifies campuses when weather is coming. Our Transportation Director could tell you about the buses, I'm not sure what she has in place for them. We practice tornado drills regularly and on the national weather days as well. All teachers have maps for each room with safety kits.