Diboll Primary School Principal Riley Armstrong responded to our survey.
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes.
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes. We designate the halls as shelter areas. However, the four portables we have on our campus present a problem and we basically ask these teachers to use common sense.
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? Once a month
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? Central office calls us and we have a weather radio.
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes.
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? I have no idea.