Huntington Middle School Principal responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? If we have a specific plan in place, I am not aware of it. This question would be more appropriate for our transportation department.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? We do 3 or 4 during the school year. We have done 3 to this point (survey response received January 31, 2003)
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? internet and radio
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Some of our teachers have them in their rooms
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? This survey has made me think about the need of a weather radio in the office. We will purchase one.