Huntington Middle School Principal responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? If we have a specific plan in place, I am not aware of it. This question would be more appropriate for our transportation department.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? We do 3 or 4 during the school year. We have done 3 to this point (survey response received January 31, 2003)
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? internet and radio
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Some of our teachers have them in their rooms