TJR Middle School Principal Claudia Whitley responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Our School does have a severe weather program.
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? The program also includes a plan for buses.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Our school does have designated areas to go in case of an emergency.
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? We do monthly emergency drills and severe weather drills each semester.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? We receive weather emergency information from weather radios and the internet.
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? We do have a weather radio with battery back up.