Carpenter Elementary School Principal Rachel Johnson responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes, we have designated areas.
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? At least once a year.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? From the district office, radio, and the local emergency warning
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? Tornado, because all of our doors open to the outside and every classroom has a row of windows.