Carpenter Elementary School Principal Rachel Johnson responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes, we have designated areas.
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? At least once a year.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? From the district office, radio, and the local emergency warning
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes