Martinsville High School Principal Darren Webb responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? No
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? 3 times a year
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? Weather Radio
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? We have one area of the school that does not have a bell in that area. However, we are addressing the situation.