Hemphill Middle School Principal C.J. O'Neal responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? Twice per year
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? Local officials, internet, radio, TV
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? No
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? None at this time.