San Augustine Elementary School Principal Maryann Bentley responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes, our school has a severe weather plan.
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes, our School District has a school bus severe weather plan.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes, our school has more than one designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning.
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? We have tornado, fire etc. drills on a regular basis.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? We have a weather scanner we keep on as well as the National Weather Service on the Weather Channel.
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes, but sometimes we forget to put it on.