Latexo Elementary School Principal Collen Denman responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? no
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? twice a year
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? radio and communications with Admin. office.
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? yes
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? prompt evacuation procedures