Joe Fisher responded to our survey for Kennard Schools:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes. We have a district severe weather plan.
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes for our students.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? We have several areas that have been designated for severe weather.
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? We plan two tornado/severe weather drills each year and we also follow the national weather drill.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? We have a weather radio and we follow weather reports on the internet when the weather appears to be changing fast.
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? I think the only area we can improve on is to have a more timely information process.