Corrigan-Camden Elementary School Principal Jerry Ausburn responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes, our school does have a severe weather plan outlined in our district and campus crisis management plans.
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes, our school district transportation dept. works with each campus to effectively implement crisis management plan.
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes, our school does have designated shelter areas for students to go to during tornado warnings.
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? Tornado drills are practiced 2-3 times per year.
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? We receive weather information via NOAA Weather Radio, local radio and TV
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes, we have a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up.
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? Continue to learn and utilize any "new" procedures for maintaining safety during severe weather.