Timber Creek Elementary School Principal Betty Jackson responded to our survey:
1. Does your school have a severe weather plan? Yes
2. Does your school have a severe weather plan for its buses? Yes
3. Does your school have designated shelter areas for students to go in case of a tornado warning? Yes
4. How often are tornado drills practiced at your school each school year? Monthly
5. How do you receive weather information such as tornado warnings? NOAA Alert and usually a call from the Superintendent of LISD who has been notified as soon as anything is spotted
6. Does your school have and use a NOAA Weather Radio with battery back-up? Yes
7. What areas do you think your scholl can improve upon in your severe weather plan? Our biggest problem is communicating with parents and keeping them calm.