KIRBYVILLE, TX (PRESS RELEASE) - On 12/13/2009 at approximately 2:39 PM Jasper County Sheriff's Office received a 911 call that a man had been shot at the Gateway Motel in downtown Kirbyville. Kirbyville Police & Deputy's from Jasper County Sheriff's Department arrived on scene and found that the victim identified as Jessie Palamo 29 yrs old out of Kirbyville area was deceased upon their arrival and was found to be tied up and shot multiple times, autopsy showed cause of death was gun shot wound.
A report from a female who stated that she had been held at gun point by the suspects that committed the murder was later found to be a false report and she was identified as Melissa Adams.
The investigation continued through the night by both agencies and into the next morning and information that was received by the Jasper County Sheriff's Investigator's was given to Chief Jeff Clopp of the Kirbyville Police Department who was able to get warrants on four suspect's and another lead sent Jasper County Sheriff Mitchel Newman and Deputies to Galveston Island at approximately 12:00 noon on 12/14/2009 to help in the arrest of the suspects and by 11:30PM on 12/14/2009 Sheriff Mitchel Newman and Capt. Robert Walker along with Jail staff Kori Stanley and Marcus Barber had arrived back in the County from Galveston Island where Galveston Police Department assisted in the capture of the four suspect's that were residing on Galveston Island.
Galveston Police Department was a great help in the Capture and identifying the suspects in this Capital Murder.
The Suspects arrested are as follows:
1. Jason Datwan Brown B/M DOB 10/03/1979 from Kirbyville charged with Conspiracy to Deliver Marijuana. Bond denied
2. Melissa W Adams B/F DOB 04/22/1981from Kirbyville charged with Conspiracy to Deliver Marijuana. Bond denied and charged with False Report to a Peace Officer bond was set $5000.00
3. John L. Matthews B/M DOB 07/29/1976 from Galveston was charged with Capital Murder. Bond was denied
4. Miesha V. Kelly B/F DOB 03/03/1980 from Galveston was charged with Capital Murder. Bond was denied and charged with Conspiracy to Deliver Marijuana.
5. David L. Haywood B/M DOB 05/15/1973 from Galveston was charged with Capital Murder. Bond was denied
6. Shane J. Matthews B/M DOB 08/05/1979 from Galveston was charged with Capital Murder. Bond was denied