Fire guts home on Greenridge Circle

Photo by Jena Johnson.
Photo by Jena Johnson.

ANGELINA COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - The Lufkin Fire Department says a Wednesday morning fire gutted a home on Greenridge Circle but nobody was hurt.

According to Ted Lovett with Lufkin Fire, a space heater ignited a curtain in the home around 9:15 a.m. A 15-year-old granddaughter of the homeowner was the only person in the home at the time, but she escaped unharmed.

The owner of the house works for the fire department, and Lovett said donations may be dropped off at the department's office.

Greenridge Circle is located off of U.S. Highway 59 south, between Lufkin and Burke.