Fire officials rule Sayers Street blaze unintentional - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Fire officials rule Sayers Street blaze unintentional

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - Lufkin fire officials have ruled a Sayers Street fire which claimed the life of a Lufkin man to be unintentional.

Assistant Fire Marshal Steve McCool said the fire started from a space heater being too close to combustible objects.

Clemente Parker, 53, died from smoke inhalation, McCool said.

©2010 KTRE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly