Hudson family back back on their feet after electrical fire destroys their home - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Hudson family back back on their feet after electrical fire destroys their home

Family says they now rent this Hudson home Family says they now rent this Hudson home
Last Wednesday's electrical fire Last Wednesday's electrical fire

By Whitney Grunder - bio | email

HUDSON, TX (KTRE) – Last Wednesday, a Hudson family lost their home to an electrical fire.

Tony Yarbrough explained, after this news spread through the community, neighbors, businesses, churches, and complete strangers donated money, and items to help his family get back on their feet.

By the end of the week, they found themselves in a new home, with all new furniture.

"My house as of this afternoon, it was fully furnished. Every bed in every room, dressers, a dining room table and all that was just community, I didn't buy a thing except for minor items," said Yarbrough.

We also learned, this is not the first time Yarbrough has lost his home to a fire.

He says he's lived through four other house fires in his lifetime, two as a child, and two as an adult-- including last week's.

©2010 KTRE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly