Zavalla home suffers heavy damage in fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Zavalla home suffers heavy damage in fire

ZAVALLA, TX (KTRE) -

By Holley Nees - email

ZAVALLA, TX (KTRE) - The house of a Zavalla woman, whose husband is working as a contractor in Iraq, burned Sunday.

The fire started at the home off Hickory Hill Road.  Zavalla firefighters say it appears a portable window air conditioning unit was plugged into an outlet that overloaded.

Two bedrooms and a bathroom are a total loss.  The master bedroom, bathroom, and kitchen sustained heat, water, and smoke damage.

Huntington and Ora Volunteer Fire Departments also responded to the blaze.

Copyright 2010 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly