Lufkin firefighters keep damage minimal at Motel 6 - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Lufkin firefighters keep damage minimal at Motel 6

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

By Morgan Thomas - email

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - A fire which originated in the boiler room at the Lufkin Motel 6 was put out within minutes of when it was called in Tuesday afternoon.

Damage was limited to the boiler room and in one of the motel rooms above it, according to a fire department spokesman.

Assistant Fire Marshal Steve McCool said firefighters determined the fire was caused in a venting duct on the dryer. He said a build-up of lint created enough heat to spark a fire.

Copyright 2010 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly