Fire marshals blame attic fan on Humason Ave. blaze - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Fire marshals blame attic fan on Humason Ave. blaze

LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

LUFKIN, Texas (KTRE) - Lufkin Fire investigators say an overheated attic fan started a fire which destroyed a vacant house on Humason Avenue last week.

Assistant Fire Marshal Steve McCool said the fan was left on in the attic and caught on fire, sparking the blaze to the whole house.

Firefighters were called to 729 Humason Ave. around midnight on Feb. 11.

The house was a rental house which nobody was living in, McCool said.

Copyright 2011 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly