ANGELINA COUNTY, TX (KTRE) – Expired food items, and dirty coolers, those were some of the things found in this week's Restaurant Report.
Brooks Grocery and Pizza Pro, on Highway 103 East, received 17 demerits. Health inspectors said temperatures at the prep table were not set properly, and temperatures at the hot hold, were also not set at the proper temperature. Also, food handler's certification was needed for some employees. Health inspectors said they found expired food items that needed to be discarded. Underneath the racks inside the freezer, needed cleaning. The ice machine needed sanitizing.
China Buffet, on North Timberland Drive, was only one short with 16 demerits. Fried foods at the buffet were not at the proper temperature. The fountain drink machine needed to be cleaned. Also health inspectors said, bulk food items needed labels.
Downtown Cafe, located on North First Street, got 14 demerits when it was discovered that the inside of the microwave needed to be cleaned. Raw meat was not stored on the bottom shelves. Also, the bottom of the cooler was in need of cleaning.
Jac's Taco Mexicano, on South First Street, and Golden Corral on South First Street, both received a perfect score. Congratulations.
©2011 KTRE. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
*We want to warn you, some of the images in this story are graphic.* A neglected dog who was found abused walking on an Highway 7 near Lufkin is now on the mend.More >>
Nacogdoches joined Beaumont Saturday by being the only two East Texas cities to host a 2018 ‘Women's March’.More >>
According to the Texas Workforce Solutions, more than 300 thousand jobs were added to the Texas economy this past year, including many for Deep East Texas companies.More >>
According to reports from Crockett City Manager, John Angerstein, a boil water notice has been issued for the entire city until further notice.More >>
The Zavalla Fire Department requested multiple tankers, Friday morning, after getting a call of a mobile home fire. The additional water was called in due to city's current water issues.More >>