KTRE is constantly updating its FirstAlert 9 Weather app for mobile device users to monitor the "Weather Where You Live."
The First Alert 9 Weather app offers interactive radar, forecasts, alerts and much more to help you plan your day and to be on alert for severe weather. If you need to know what the weather will be like as you head out the door, an hour-by-hour forecast will pinpoint conditions for your specific location.
This high-tech weather app also includes daily video forecasts, push alerts for severe weather warnings, and it allows users to submit photos and video.
Also, don't worry about getting severe weather alerts for a distant county. You'll only be notified when weather threatens your town. A 10-day forecast will help keep you ahead of any weather system.
You can track storms on the new app all the way down to street-level. It's a great resource for day-to-day use, or take with you on vacation to get forecasts anywhere in the world.
Other First Alert 9 Weather mobile app features include:
- Access to station content specifically for our mobile users
- 250 meter radar, the highest resolution available
- Future radar to see where severe weather is headed
- High resolution satellite cloud imagery
- Current weather updated multiple times per hour
- Daily and Hourly forecasts updated hourly from our computer models
- Ability to add and save your favorite locations
- A fully integrated GPS for current location awareness
- Severe weather alerts from the National Weather Service
- Opt-in push alerts to keep you safe in severe weather
- Vertical and horizontal map display with looping
- NOWrad, the gold standard for radar in the weather industry
- Color coded weather alerts arranged by severity
- Full featured and user tested
- Earthquake plotting - tap on an earthquake to display its detail
The app is a free download in the Apple App Store and in the Android Marketplace.