Firefighters quickly extinguish Lufkin sign fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Firefighters quickly extinguish Lufkin sign fire

Photo source: See It, Snap It, Send It. Photo source: See It, Snap It, Send It.
Photo source: See It, Snap It, Send It. Photo source: See It, Snap It, Send It.
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

An electrical sign fire on a busy Lufkin street made an impressive sight for motorists in the area, but firefighters made short work of it.

According to Assistant Fire Marshal Steve McCool, the sign, located on the 200 block of South Timberland Drive, ignited around 2:54 p.m. Monday. Firefighters were quick on the scene and extinguished it within three minutes.

McCool said the fire started from an electrical problem inside the sign. The sign is part of the Chestnut Village shopping center.

Copyright 2011 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly