Nacogdoches house fire causes extensive damages

NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) - A Nacogdoches home suffered extensive damage after a fire started early Sunday morning.

According to authorities, one of the homeowners called in a fire around 5:17 a.m. at their home in the 4000 block of Colonial Drive. Nacogdoches Fire Department was the first to respond to the scene.

None of the 3 occupants suffered injuries. No other structures were damaged. The home suffered excessive water damage as well as fire damage while extinguishing the fire.

Fire Chief Keith Kiplinger said he believes lightning struck the chimney and sparked the fire.

Copyright 2011 KTRE. All rights reserved.