Affidavit: Suspect a worker at power plant, claimed to have bomb in truck

NACOGDOCHES COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - The Nacogdoches County Sheriff's Office has made an arrest in the bomb threat case at the biomass power plant in Sacul.

According to the office's Facebook page, Joseph W. Boster, 23, of Jacksonville, was arrested around 6:30 a.m. Monday. He is charged with terroristic threat.

The Southern Power Plant in Sacul shut down last week after a bomb threat was found written on the side of a port-a-potty Monday evening.

Plant officials were planning on shutting down for only Thanksgiving, but since they had to shut down Monday night, they opted to keep it shuttered for the rest of the week.

According to an arrest warrant affidavit, an employee with Fagan, a construction company employed by the plant, found the word "bomb," the date "11/21/11" and "noon" written in side of the outside port-a-potties near the tool trailers on the north side of the plants. The employee found the writing at 6:48 p.m.

On November 22, an investigator with the Nacogdoches County Sheriff's Office met with plant security and staff to try to develop suspects. During that meeting, the investigator learned many of the plant's employees were upset with the holiday schedule, announced on November 15, which only gave the workers Thanksgiving day off.

A witness came forward and said that Boster was an employee of the plant and had been heard talking about having a bomb in his truck and access to that area of the plant and had been issued a permanent marker, which appeared to have been used to write the threats.

The investigator also learned Boster had been disciplined twice in the last two weeks for attendance at work, but was at work on November 21.

The investigator took statements from witnesses who said Boster had been acting very strange in the last two weeks, "asking questions such as if he was in America and if the people he was talking to were Americans." One of the witnesses said Boster told him he had a bomb in his truck on November 15, while he was at a hotel in Jacksonville.

Fagan company officials were notified of the warrant before he returned to the plant and when he returned to work Monday morning he was detained until the authorities arrived.

"When he showed back up plant officials notified us he was on the facility grounds and detained him until we could arrive and arrest him," said Sheriff Kerss.

Right now, investigators are still trying to pin-down a motive behind the bomb scare.

Copyright 2011 KTRE. All rights reserved.