Overnight house fire leaves 3 homeless

POLLOK, TX (KTRE) - Central Volunteer Fire Department responded to a call about a house fire around 8 p.m. Saturday night.

According to Central VFD, neighbors alerted authorities to a house fire on Holmes Road in Central. Central VFD were the first responders, along with Hudson, Diboll, Ora Rehab Unit, and Rivercrest VFDs.

The owners of the home were in Lufkin when they were notified that their one-story home was on fire. Fire crews battled the fire for an hour before it was put out, but the house was destroyed by the flames. However, crews stayed on scene for another three hours, until shortly after midnight, to monitor "hot-spots".

Clawson Assembly of God gave the family of three a place to stay for the night, until they could notify The American Red Cross.

Officials are not sure as to what started the fire at this time. Neighbors suspect the fire came from an explosion in the fireplace.

Copyright 2011 KTRE. All rights reserved.