Pan Seared John Dory with Rosemary/Caper Beurre Blanc Sauce over Angel Hair Pasta
By Chef John E. Peters III
Ingredients for 2
1 lb Fresh John Dory Fillets
½ Pixie Tangerine
1 tsp Garlic minced
1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 tsps FRESH Creole Seasoning
1 tsp Coarse Sea Salt
3 cups cooked Angel Hair Pasta
¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese
2 tbs Fresh Chopped Italian Flat Leaf Parsley
Rosemary/Caper Beurre Blanc Sauce
1 stick (1/4 pound) Cold Unsalted Butter
1 tbs Fresh Rosemary (finely chopped)
¼ cup Small Capers
1 cup Moscato White Wine
1 tbs FRESH Creole Seasoning
2 tbs Lemon Juice
Instructions for Fish
1. Coat bottom of sauté pan with canola oil and heat over high flame.
2. Rub fillets with FRESH Creole Seasoning and sea salt then rub with olive oil.
3. Sear fillets on both sides, Squeeze Tangerine Juice over, Cover, and Cook until fish flakes with a fork ( about 30-45 seconds longer).
4. Remove fillets and Set aside.
5. Deglaze Pan with Wine and Lemon Juice and then add Rosemary and Capers.
6. Reduce Sauce til sec (point just before evaporation), take off Heat and whip in Cold Chunks of Butter until sauce forms.
7. Toss Angel Hair with ½ Sauce and ½ Grated Parmigiano Reggiano, top with Fish Fillets, strafe with remaining Sauce ,Sprinkle with remaining Parm and Fresh Chopped Italian Parsley.