LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - An apartment fire forced residents to evacuate their homes early Saturday morning.
According to Lufkin fire officials four engines responded to a fire at the Silver Creeks Apartments on the 2000 block of South First Street around 5:00 a.m. Saturday.
Lufkin Asst. Fire Marshal, Steve McCool, said six units were damaged and the fire started on the second floor.
McCool stated two people were injured when they jumped out of a second story window to escape a burning apartment. The residents were sleeping when the fire broke out and their only way to escape was to jump from the window.
There is no word on the exact cause of the fire. Officials are still investigating.
Last May, 16 families were displaced when a fire started at the same apartment complex. Investigators said that fire ignited when a resident left a stray cigarette on the balcony of an upstairs apartment.