Lufkin firefighters quickly extinguish kitchen blaze - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Lufkin firefighters quickly extinguish kitchen blaze

Posted: Updated:
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A cooking fire forced a Lufkin family to evacuate their homes, but they firefighters kept their home from suffering extensive damage to the rest of the house Friday afternoon.

The fire started around 4 p.m. on the 100 block of Gatewood Lane, according to a firefighter on the scene. But it was quickly extinguished after just a couple minutes after their arrival.

The damage did not get past the kitchen.

Copyright 2012 KTRE. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.