2 packages of active dry yeast
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup warm water
2 sticks softened sweet butter
1 1/2 tablespoons salt
1 cup warm milk
3 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
6 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup currants, presoaked
1.Combine the yeast, white sugar, and water in a large mixing bowl.
2. While this is proofing, stir 1 stick of the butter and the salt into the warm milk. (the butter doesn't need to melt completely.)
3. Add to the yeast mixture.
4.Stir in the whole eggs and egg yolks.
5. Beat with a wooden spoon or with the hands to blend thoroughly.
6. Add the flour, 1 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. (after the first five cups it will get harder to incorporate the four and the dough will be very sticky.)
7. Turn out on a floured board, and using a baker's scraper or large spatula, scrape under the flour on the board, lift the dough, and fold it over.
8. Continue this procedure, adding more flour until the dough is no longer sticky and can be heated.
9.Roll dough into little balls and stack them on top of one another in a bunt pan, then place into over at 350 degrees.