1. Microwave chocolate baking squares in a microwave-safe bowl at HIGH 1 minute and 15 seconds or until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring every 15 seconds.
2. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5 to 7 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until yellow disappears after each addition. Stir in melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
3. Combine flour and next 3 ingredients; add to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup Bundt pan.
4. Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack, and let cool 1 hour and 30 minutes or until completely cool. Garnish, if desired.
5. *2 (4.4-oz.) packages Mexican chocolate, chopped, may be substituted for semisweet chocolate baking squares. Omit ground cinnamon, and proceed with recipe as directed. For testing purposes only, we used Nestlé Abuelita Mexican Chocolate.
Mexican Chocolate Sauce (for topping pound cake, ice cream, or whatever you like!)
Cook first 6 ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat, whisking occasionally, 3 to 4 minutes or until mixture is smooth and chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Whisk in butter until melted. Serve immediately.
Saturday, May 25 2013 12:43 PM EDT2013-05-25 16:43:19 GMT
A Lufkin man was arrested after running from police Saturday night. According to the police report, Edmond Fowler was reported trespassing at a residence on the 400 block of Birch St. in Lufkin. TheMore >>
A Lufkin man was arrested after running from police Saturday night.More >>
Saturday, May 25 2013 12:25 PM EDT2013-05-25 16:25:02 GMT
Saturday the Garden of Memories was filled with veterans and members of the community paying tribute to our country's heroes. "If it wasn't for our fallen comrades we wouldn't be free today," said JudyMore >>
Saturday the Garden of Memories was filled with veterans and members of the community paying tribute to our country's heroes.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 10:44 PM EDT2013-05-25 02:44:23 GMT
Stephanie Olford spent Friday afternoon organizing one of the pantries at the North Lufkin Hope Center. "We don't want to leave nobody out of food of any kind and turn nobody away," said Stephanie Olford. EveryMore >>
Every first Tuesday and Thursday the Hope Center passes out groceries to low income families.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 7:47 PM EDT2013-05-24 23:47:43 GMT
A Tennessee woman died Thursday afternoon, 17 days after a three-vehicle accident involving a FedEx truck.Jo Ann Jacobson, 75, of Savannah, Tenn., died at 1:30 p.m. at Nacogdoches Memorial Hospital.Jacobson'sMore >>
A Tennessee woman died Thursday afternoon, 17 days after a three-vehicle accident involving a FedEx truck.More >>
Friday, May 24 2013 7:33 PM EDT2013-05-24 23:33:37 GMT
Authorities in Houston County are searching Salmon Lake in Grapeland for a 20-year-old man who is believed to have drowned Friday afternoon.Houston County Sheriff's Office deputies and Grapeland PoliceMore >>
An Orange man died after drowning in a Grapeland lake Friday afternoon.More >>