SHELBY COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - A small earthquake shook the Timpson area Saturday morning, making it the fifth tremor in Shelby County in two months.
According to the United States Geological Survey website, the 2.1-magnitude earthquake shook two miles southwest of Timpson at 3:58 a.m.
National Weather Service Meteorologist Matt Hemingway said nobody reported feeling the tremor Saturday morning.
The latest earthquake is the first in the area since May 26. It is also the smallest of the five.
EAST TEXAS EARTHQUAKE TIMELINE
- May 10 - (3.9) NW of Timpson.
- May 17 - (4.8) ENE of Timpson.
- May 20 - (2.7) SSW of Timpson.
- May 26 - (2.5) SE of Timpson.
- June 16 - (2.1) SSW of Timpson.