Mama Steph shares a recipe that will cool you off on a hot summer day, and will wake up your taste buds, too. Enjoy!
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
3/4 cup cold butter or margarine
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with foil, leaving a 2" overlap on each end for removing from pan. Spray foil with cooking spray.
2. In a medium mixing bowl (or the bowl of a food processor) combine flour and powdered sugar. Cut in the cold butter until the mixture becomes crumbly and the butter is in very small pieces (or pulse in food processor for a few seconds until ingredients are thoroughly combined)
3. Press the flour mixture firmly into the bottom of the baking pan. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
4. In another mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until creamy and smooth. Pour over crust.
5. Sprinkle coconut evenly over the top of the lemon mixture.
6. Bake at 350 for about 20-25 minutes, or until light golden brown.
7. Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove with foil handles to a cutting surface, and cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.
Adapted from allrecipes.com