Strong to severe thunderstorms rumbled across East Texas Memorial Day afternoon into the nighttime hours. There were several reports of large hail across the Pineywoods at one report of a tornado touchdown. Luckily, there were no reports of damage or injuries from the storm.
Here is a look at severe weather reports across East Texas on Monday:
- Huntington - quarter sized hail
- Lufkin- dime sized hail
- Shawnee Prairie - quarter sized hail
- Kennard - brief tornado touchdown 6 miles west-northwest of Kennard. No damage reported from the tornado.
- Kennard - golf ball sized hail
- Grapeland - dime sized hail
- Groveton - quarter sized hail covering the ground