Four families lose home in Gregg Co. fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Four families lose home in Gregg Co. fire

Posted: Updated:
LONGVIEW, TX (KLTV) -

Longview Fire Department is responding to a blaze on Melton Street in Longview.

The structure is a multi-family dwelling. The Fire Marshal stated that the fire was started by "improvised heating." A family was reportedly using a stove to heat their apartment, he said.

No one was injured. However, four families have been displaced and the Red Cross has been contacted to assist them.

Copyright 2012 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.