NACOGDOCHES, TX (KTRE) - Nacogdoches firefighters responded to a structure fire on Fulgham Street at approximately 8 p.m. Monday.
Even though the fire severely damaged the house, no one was injured in the blaze.
Terry Westmoreland, a firefighter and battalion chief with the Nacogdoches Fire Department said that he will rule it as an accidental fire due to improper use of a heating element. He told the East Texas News that he thinks something was left on the stove.
However, Geraldine Brewer, who has lived at the rent house for about 18 years, said that she wasn't cooking before the fire broke out.