Small fire prompts evacuation of Valley AJ's store - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Small fire prompts evacuation of Valley AJ's store

Posted: Updated:
(Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) Light fixture that caught fire. (Source: Scottsdale Fire Department) Light fixture that caught fire.
SCOTTSDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A quick-thinking employee appears to have saved the day and prevented a major fire at a Scottsdale grocery store.

Fire crews were called to an AJ's store on Via Linda Road near 101st Street early Sunday morning.

A light fixture had caught fire but an employee grabbed a fire extinguisher and put the blaze out.

The store was evacuated while firefighters made sure the fire didn't spread.

No one was hurt.

Copyright 2012 CBS 5 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.