SHELBY COUNTY, TX (KTRE) - A 2.8 magnitude earthquake struck near Timpson around 1:30 p.m. Friday.
According to USGS, the earthquake had an epicenter about three miles southwest of Timpson and 22 miles northeast of Nacogdoches.
Residents in Garrison and Timpson reported feeling the tremors.
It is the sixth earthquake in the area in 2012.
Below are the previous earthquakes.
* May 10, 3.9-magnitude northwest of Timpson.
* May 17, 4.8-magnitude east/northeast of Tmpson.
* May 20, 2.7-magnitude south-southwest of Timpson.
* May 26, 2.5-magnitude southeast of Timpson.
* June 16, 2.1-magnitude south-southwest of Timpson.
* Dec. 7, 2.8-magnitude south-southwest of Timpson.