Child with candle starts Glendale house fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Child with candle starts Glendale house fire

Posted: Updated:
(Source: CBS 5 News) The child was playing with the candle under a bed Thursday night. (Source: CBS 5 News) The child was playing with the candle under a bed Thursday night.
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

A child playing with a burning candle under a bed started a fire that severely damaged a Glendale house Thursday night.

Mike Young of the Glendale Fire Department said fire was reported about 8:45 p.m. in a neighborhood near Northern and 43rd avenues.

He said all the occupants of the house got out without injuries, though the fire department sent more than double the normal amount of firefighters because of reports that people were trapped.

Young said the Glendale Fire Department has a Youth Firesetter Intervention Program that provides customized educational interventions in situations such as last night's house fire.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.