Lufkin Fire Marshal: Blaze on N. Warren St. caused by grease fir - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Lufkin Fire Marshal: Blaze on N. Warren St. caused by grease fire

Posted: Updated:
LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) -

A late-night fire destroyed a house in the 1300 block of Lufkin's North Warren Street late Monday night. In addition, the family's dog may be missing as a result of the fire.

Lufkin City Fire Marshal Steve McCool said the house was a "total loss." He said the family thinks their dog was lost in the fire as well.

McCool said their investigation revealed that the fire was unintentional. He said that it looks as though the cause of the fire was "unattended cooking" that resulted in a grease fire.

According to Lufkin Fire Battalion Chief Bobby Hobbs, they received several calls around 10:45 p.m. Monday about a house fire, and once firefighters arrived, they found the home fully engulfed.

Because of the strong south winds, firefighters evacuated the house next door as a precaution.

Crews were able to get the blaze under control by about 11:15 p.m.

Red Cross officials arrived on the scene around 12:30 a.m. to help the victims.

Copyright 2013 KTRE. All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.