This article was originally distributed via PRWeb. PRWeb, WorldNow and this Site make no warranties or representations in connection therewith.
SOURCE: Marler Clark, The Food Safety Law Firm
A Salmonella lawsuit was filed against OrganicLife, a school foodservice provider, on Thursday. The lawsuit alleges that a child fell ill with a Salmonella infection after eating school lunch.
Chicago, IL (PRWEB) March 22, 2013
A Salmonella lawsuit was filed Thursday against OrganicLife, LLC, a school food supplier whose meals were identified as the source of a Salmonella outbreak among students of 6 Chicago-area private schools in September and October of 2012. The lawsuit was filed in Cook County District Court (Case No. 13L63021) on behalf of Stacey Wescott and Brian Peterson, the parents of a 5th grader who attends St. Anne Catholic School in Barrington and who was one of 9 students who became ill with Salmonella infections after eating food provided by OrganicLife.
According to the lawsuit, Wescott and Peterson’s daughter purchased and consumed 2 lunches from the St. Anne’s cafeteria in September of 2012. She later fell ill with symptoms of Salmonella infection, including abdominal cramps, diarrhea and fever. The complaint states that her fever spiked to 104 degrees and that the girl was rushed to the emergency room after dehydration caused her skin to take on a grayish appearance and her lips began to crack. She was released after rehydration therapy, but was taken back to the ER and was ultimately admitted to the hospital for four days, during which time she suffered up to 30 bouts of diarrhea every day. Lawyers allege that the girl continued to suffer symptoms of Salmonella infection at varying frequencies for over a month following her discharge from the hospital on September 29, 2012 and that she continued to test positive for Salmonella until January, 2013.
“The last thing we should have to worry about when we send our kids to school is whether they’ll come home with food poisoning after eating school lunch,” said Bill Marler, attorney for the plaintiffs. “The Lake County Health Department investigation clearly points to school lunch as the source of my client’s and other children’s illnesses.”
BACKGROUND: Marler Clark is the nation’s leading law firm representing victims of foodborne illnesses such as Salmonella. The law firm has represented thousands of victims of Salmonella, E. coli, Listeria and other foodborne illness outbreaks in the last 20 years, including a 2003 Salmonella outbreak linked to a Chili’s restaurant in Vernon Hills, Illinois (See U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, Eastern Division Case No. 03 C 4788) and a Salmonella outbreak linked to hummus served at the 2007 Taste of Chicago festival (See Cook County Circuit Court Case no. 07 L 007351).
For the original version on PRWeb visit: http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb2013/3/prweb10559528.htm
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.