Smith County home 'total loss' after Monday fire - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Smith County home 'total loss' after Monday fire

Posted: Updated:
SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -

Fire crews responded to a house fire in the 10500 block of Twin Oaks Drive, also called County Road 212. 

One man was inside at the time of the fire. He had been smoking outside and placed his cigarette butts in a can covered with a towel. The butts ignited the towel and the flames spread to the porch and then to the home. The man woke up from a nap to find the front side of the home on fire.

No one was injured in the blaze, but the home was a total loss.

Copyright 2013 KLTV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.