LUFKIN, TX (KTRE) - A multi-agency law enforcement effort has resulted in the arrests of 16 felony non-support suspects, commonly known as "deadbeat dads" Thursday morning.
Lt. Pete Maskunas with the Angelina County Sheriff's Office said officers with the sheriff's office, attorney general's office, Pct. 1 Constable's Office and DPS began the sweep around 4 a.m. and finished by 8 a.m.
Maskunas said of the 21 warrants obtained, officers were able to serve six earlier this week and 10 more Thursday morning.
The suspects have been taken to the Angelina County Jail and will be arraigned by a judge with the AG's office on Friday.
Maskunas explained the judge will set a bail for each, which will be paid to the victim of the non-support.
Below is a running list of suspects booked into the Angelina County Jail on non-support charges:
* Feliciano Alvarado, 40, of Lufkin.
* Jacosky Jacorey Coutee, 37, of Lufkin.
* David Arlon Day, 39, of Huntington.
* Mario Alberto Gonzalez, 28, of Lufkin.
* Pablo Hernandez, 23, of Lufkin.
* Justin Wayne Murray, 30, of Lufkin.
* Mark Troy Smith, 46, of Lufkin.
* Steven Miles Thompson, 42, of Lufkin.