Boiler implodes at building on Quinnipiac campus - KTRE.com | Lufkin and Nacogdoches, Texas

Boiler implodes at building on Quinnipiac campus

Posted: Updated:
HAMDEN, CT (WFSB) -

A building on the campus of Quinnipiac University was evacuated after a boiler imploded in the facility Tuesday afternoon. 

A maintenance worker was working on one boiler at Lender Building, which houses business and communications, when another imploded around 3 p.m. 

No one was injured during the incident, however three workers were checked out at the Yale-New Haven Occupational Health Center as a precaution.

University officials said there is no damage to the building beyond the boiler itself.

Several students have tweeted about the blast and the noise it made throughout campus.

The building remained around 3:30 p.m. and people were allowed back inside.

Copyright 2013 WFSB (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
KTRE logo

KTRE

358 TV Road,
Pollok TX 75969

FCC Public File
publicfile@ktre.com
936-853-8639
EEO Report
Closed Captioning

All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Worldnow and KTRE. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.